Thursday, March 31, 2011

How to look years younger

Before.
.

Someone old and decrepit almost in her 30's.


After

Young and fresh ready to shop at 5-7-9 for all the latest fashions.


But seriously, when we lived in the O.C., I worked at Iverson Orthodontics. Favorite job I have had. Best boss in the world! What's up Dr. I! One day I decided to make a set of retainers for myself and bond braces to them. Best thing I ever did.

                                               Some of my faves. Taken in 1976.

Sometimes I would wear them around the office just to show the patients that, heck to the yes, braces are freakin hot. Another good time to wear them is when you are pregnant. You take off your wedding ring and go out in public and see how many adults shun you for being a pregnant teenager. These days I just wear them around the house when I have nothing else to do. They are in right now.

 And yes of course, I had Julius come in so I could make him a pair too. I made his with gold braces. They bring out his blue eyes.

Speaking of teeth,I have to brag on my 2 yr. old for a minute. He can locate his molars, cuspids and incisors. That's the child of an ex-ortho assistant.

And all this to say, I miss you San Clemente! My girl Joni Mitchell sings it best.

"But my heart cried out for you, california
Oh california I’m coming home
Oh make me feel good rock’n roll band
I’m your biggest fan
California, I’m coming home"

4 comments:

  1. Well come home then!
    BTW: Modern Amish is me, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you make me a pair for my 30th? teal and purple please -my middle school colors!! your blogs are the best. its like the first cup of coffee in the morning. you look forward to it and savor it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is great! I am shocked that has not been a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, that is amazing. and please...i agree with christie...christmas card material fo'sho.

    ReplyDelete