Thursday, November 1, 2012

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates...

You never know what the beep your son will say.

That son is Jet. I know people love their own children. I know people rant and rave about their children(gag). Oh I'm sorry did I say that out loud? But because I blog a total of never, I am going to write a couple of things from the past couple of weeks that Jet has said, in hopes of not gagging anyone in the process. Because really I do love my children, and they do crack me up.

Some nights it is a long process for 3 yr. old Jet to go to bed. He'll come out of his room several times after we have discussed the day, prayed, read books, sang songs and so forth. "I'm hungry." "I'm thirsty." "I need to pee." "So mom, I want to see if you're doin good" "I want to give you 5 hugs but don't count." These are all amongst the usual excuses of why he is out. Before you think I am a lax parent, rest assured that there are consequences for this naughty behavior. However, some things are too funny to get mad at. For instance our most recent fact we learned from him when he should have been in bed, "Hey dad, poop smells bad but dead squirrel smells worse." Thank you son, I will remember that for when I'm a contestant on Jeopardy next month.
- "Scents for $500 Alex"
-"This smells worse than poop."
 "What is dead squirrel?."
-"You are correct and now take control of the board."

Some days I wake up in the morning to Jet standing on the side of my bed staring at me. He waits for me to open my eyes and immediately tells me something interesting like, "Mitt Romney" and then will walk away. Last week it was "Denise is your friend." This is funny because the end of September he saw this picture below and wasn't familiar with Denise so he made it a point to remember her name that day. Multiple times that day he wanted to look at the picture and tell me her name. He hadn't spoken of her since that day but I guess wanted to remind me that morning what otherwise I would have forgotten.
"Yes Jet. She is my friend. Now go make me an espresso and some focaccia"

While I was cooking i felt a presence staring at me so I turned around. It was Jet. He said, "Obamaphone" and then left the kitchen.

Jet has been reciting Deuteronomy 6:5 for probably a year now. But recently, every time he hears Mitt Romney he says, "Mitt Romney 6:5" and I have been thinking to myself, "Ok, maybe he has learned some facts about our presidential nominee and maybe Mitney has a stature of 6ft 5in. He said it again last night in the car but Julius was there this time. He busted out laughing. I said, "What did you teach him Mitts height or something?" He said, "No, he thinks he is saying a verse." So I said, "Jet say the whole thing." And he is like "Mitt Romney 6:5- You shall love the Lord your God, with all your heart with all your soul and with all your strength. Mitt Romney 6:5". Such confidence for being so wrong.

Eating dinner Jet threw his arm around his daddy and said, "Dad we're best buds. Mom take our picture." So after I demanded some manners, I did.

Monday my dad and I both needed to go to Costco so we decided to go together. As soon as he walked in Jet said, "Nonno, only the doctor can touch your penis. If it hurts, the doctor can make it better." This kid is a slew of information.

Forever grateful for Costco's large carts and samples.
 
And forever grateful for my children. They truly are a precious gift. Jet is a non- stop singer like his mother so it only fits that I end with the song that has been on his lips all day today. We had a praise session in our kitchen this morning while listening to this song. Him standing on the counter with his hands raised high and me crying over the sink overwhelmed with God's love and grace and abundant blessings. "Mommy are you crying cus you are happy or sad?"
So happy sweet child of mine. So happy.
 
"10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord)"
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes


Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find


Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore


Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

Jesus, I'll worship Your holy name
Lord, I'll worship Your holy name

Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name
Jesus, I'll worship Your holy name
I'll worship Your holy name

3 comments:

  1. I'm posting this from my obamaphone 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what sweet memories to mark down.

    also. and side note. my kid said "kiss my ass" on the bus the other week. so that's pretty funny. he saw it on ironman at the grandparents or something. it was a shining moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and now take control of the board

    ReplyDelete